Thursday, February 7, 2008

Happy Whales

Even a bunch of shots in her thighs didn't keep Nora from enjoying her day after her doctor's appointment on Tuesday. It's heartbreaking for me to see her get the shots (immunizations) and difficult to reassure myself that I'm doing what's best for her. So much of parenting is based on intuition, yet some advice feels counterintuitive. I guess what's important is Nora is a healthy and happy 20lb 14oz and 271/2" baby!
Speaking of Happy...

We (Kris, Nora, and I) LOVE this mobile! It's called "Happy Whales" and it's made by the mobile experts at Flensted Mobiles in Denmark. The whales hang above our dining table so while we eat our meals the whales silently move their bodies around casting a variety of shadows on our walls and ceilings. While the abstract mobiles are pretty cool, I still like the ones of the animals and birds especially the "Wise Owls".



No comments: